Undiscovered Ireland - Small Group, 2021
Undiscovered Ireland – Small Group, 2021
“An Irish expression I often teach to guests is ‘sin scéal eile,’ which means ‘that’s another story’. – Áine, Travel Director
Top Rated Highlights
- Cliffs of Moher: Stop by the Exhibition Centre and look out over the Wild Atlantic Way from these majestic cliffs.
- Galway: See the stunning cathedral of the City of Tribes.
- Donegal: Enjoy an orientation of the town with your Travel Director.
- Glenveagh National Park: Visit Glenveagh Castle with a Local Expert, originally built as a romantic highland retreat.
- Wild Atlantic Way: Discover Ireland’s unspoilt scenery as you travel along the Wild Atlantic Way.
- Dublin: During your orientation with your Travel Director, see Custom House and and St. Patrick’s Cathedral.
- Glendalough : Join your Local Expert on a walk in the ‘valley of the two lakes’.
- Kilkenny: Your Travel Director will provide you with an orientation of the medieval city of Kilkenny with its majestic castle and River walk.
- Blarney: It is said that those who kiss the Blarney Stone are bestowed with the power to persuade, flatter and coax. But to do so, you must dangle from the ramparts!
- Cobh: The Queenstown Story at Cobh retraces the steps of Irish emigration from the famine of 1845 to the great ocean line era of the 1950s. This is a must for those with Irish ancestors who crossed the Atlantic during this time.
- Kinsale: Take an easy and peaceful walk to the Old Head of Kinsale, to see the memorial to the crew of RMS Lusitania and the ruins of Downmacpatrick Castle.
- Tipperary : Visit Mitchelstown Cave with your Local Expert to explore a maze of passageways, caverns and awe inspiring cave formations, as you learn about its history and geology.
- Adare: Experience a village walk through the main street lined with thatched cottages.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency
- We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available)
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times
- If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport
Welcome to Ireland
Cliffs and Delights of Galway
Co. Donegal and the Wild Atlantic Way
Wilderness of the Northwest
Dublin, the capital
A day at leisure
Gardens of Ireland
Castles and ports on the way to Kinsale
Walks in nature
Killaloe and Adare